I am proud to announce that Kuzak’s Closet has 2 career openings to fill! I am currently on the hunt for 2 professional organizers to join my home organization team. Below are the job descriptions, if you are interested please email your resume to our HR director Sutzi McGovern at careers (at) kuzakscloset (dot) com.
Job Title: Professional Organizer
Location: San Francisco Peninsula, Region of Mountain View to San Carlos
Job Details: This is a fast paced business and the organizing consultant must be a self-starter who is reliable, responsible and ready to take on new projects with little notice. The ideal candidate will be able to work weekdays with most client sessions between 9am-2pm Monday through Friday. This is a 20-25 hours per week contract position with potential to become an employee.
Solve all levels of organizational issues for clients. Attend the “Needs Assessment” consultation to detail specific organizing procedures and help outline the project goals within a “Action Plan”. Execute “Action Plan” from start to finish. Help to promote the Kuzak’s Closet brand within the Peninsula region and industry.
Create a professionally organized space in the client’s home and/or office. Encourage continued client relationships resulting in on-going organizing work and referrals.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conduct or participate in the “Needs Assessment” with client to determine overall need(s), develop “Action Plan”, determine method of work (schedule timeline), obtain client approval.
- Participate in the overall, day-to-day activities of organizing, executing the project from start to finish; including on-site work, shopping for organizing product (if required) and delivering donations to charity at duration of project.
- Responsible for monitoring quality standards, policies and procedures (as outlined by Kuzak’s Closet), track project budget, schedule with client during the duration of the project, and be prepared to perform corrective actions if requirements are not being met.
- Perform any additional tasks outlined by the Professional Organizer/Operations Manager.
- Complete the job as assigned; entering applicable time variances, reimbursable expenses, mail follow-up note, and deliver client payment to Kuzak’s Closet headquarters within five business days.
- Drive sales performance for Kuzak’s Closet through professional and personal networking and by building relationships that generate industry/trade and existing client referrals.
- Sporadically participates in writing organizing posts on for the Kuzak’s Closet blog and potentially take part in social media campaigns.
- Pursue/receive training in organizing methodology, both inside and outside the company as relevant, at the company’s request.
Kuzak’s Closet – Job Description Specifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, psychology, communication, education, or equivalent work experience.
- Candidate will be a self-starter with strong organizational skills and be comfortable producing detailed, often visual work.
- Candidate will have exceptional interpersonal skills with a high level of customer service aptitude; clear and concise speaking and communications ability, good writing skills and basic computer literacy.
- Candidate will be able to work independently while managing multi-dimensional projects within budget, schedule, and requirements.
- Candidate will meet physical expectation of job; able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds.
- Candidate will have access to their own vehicle with a clean driving record.
Experience: Minimum of 90 days on-the-job experience in residential or business organizing with a strong working knowledge of Kuzak’s Closet methods, “Needs Assessment” practices, client care and retention strategies. A minimum of three (3) before and after photographs to showcase previous organizing experience.
Attributes preferred: Ability to plan/organize/direct/control; ability to deal with ambiguous/conflicting priorities or information; ability to positively influence people; verbal comprehension; problem solving; aesthetic judgement.