My friends over at Orville Redenbacher’s are guest posting for me today with a great recipe and giveaway! I’m back from a few days in Maui and this post comes at the perfect time! We are going to be rockin and rollin this week with lots of estate and organizing projects and I’m gonna need something sweet to help me get through it! Enjoy and don’t forget to enter their giveaway!
Popcorn and movies—such a classic combination, right? What if your popcorn could actually help bring the movie theater to you? Right now, Orville Redenbacher’s has a Movie Night promotion in which you could win a home theater and lots of other prizes, too, such as one-day DVD rentals! The grand prize is worth $10,000! Take a look at the site to see more details. After you’ve bought your microwave popcorn and entered the contest, you could make this delightful recipe for Mocha Almond Crunch. The flavors of cocoa, almonds, and coffee come together to form a tasty treat that will pair perfectly with a good movie.
Mocha Almond Crunch
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 bag (2.9 oz each) Orville Redenbacher’s® Gourmet® Butter Microwave Popcorn
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 envelope (0.73 oz each) Swiss Miss® Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann’s® Original-stick (1/4 cup = 1/2 stick)
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all unpopped kernels. Place popped corn and almonds in pan.
- Combine cocoa mix, coffee crystals and hot water in medium saucepan; stir until crystals are dissolved. Add sugar, Fleischmann’s, corn syrup and salt; place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; boil 2 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Immediately pour over popcorn mixture and toss gently to coat evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Remove from oven; stir again. Spread on waxed paper to cool thoroughly. Store in tightly sealed container.
This is a guest post by Elizabeth L. on behalf of Orville Redenbacher’s. Visit http://www.orville.com to find more delicious popcorn recipes.