I don’t mean to tempt you from cheating on your new year’s diet but I’m going to assume that you already have! Let’s be honest, it’s been a whole week since the new year! It’s hard for me to diet at this time of year because the chilly temps make me crave comfort foods. The only meal I struggle with is lunch (if I get to take one) because I typically let my assistant Matt pick where we go which isn’t always healthy. This week we have are working on a huge organizing project at a home in the area so we have been to all of the neighborhood hotspots, in-n-out burger, wendy’s, subway, and togo’s.
Today I wanted to share the triple chocolate bundt cake that I made for a small new year’s eve gathering that we had with our friend’s Rob and Lori. We decided to get together for a low key night at our house with chinese take out and this easy cake was the perfect dessert. I topped mine with raspberries served it with french vanilla ice cream. The only thing I would add if I made it again would be a dash of espresso powder, I am a sucker for chocolate and coffee. Enjoy the recipe and have a great week!
- Chocolate cake mix
- Chocolate instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup oil
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- For Topping: 2 tablespoons cocoa powder,1 cup powdered sugar, ¼ teaspoon, vanilla, 1-2 tablespoons milk, 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients well and pour batter into a well-greased bundt pan. Bake on 2nd to bottom rack for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cake cool completely in pan. Take a small slender spatula and loosen cake around the outside & inside edges. Tip upside down onto platter. Cake can be refrigerated & removed prior to serving or tastes just as good chilled.
- Topping: Mix together the ingredients. Stir forever, until it’s smooth and thick. If it’s not runny enough, add a bit of warm water or more melted butter until it’s at the consistency you like.