I hope you have enjoyed my spring cocktail series this week! I didn’t think it would be fair for me to be on vacation without you so I treated you to simple spring cocktails each and every day!
Today’s spring cocktail requires a few very simple ingredients and one more “rare” ingredient, patience! To achieve the delicious honey ginger flavor you will need to bring the honey to a boil and let the ginger steep in it. It doesn’t take too long but it does require some time. You probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already…
Here is the recipe…
- For the honey ginger mix
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated (I keep ginger in the freezer so I can pop it our for recipes like this)
- For the lemonade:
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Sliced lemons and mint sprigs for garnish
- To make the honey ginger mix:
- Place the honey and water in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer until honey is completely dissolved.
- Turn off heat and add the ginger. Cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup thorough sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on the pulp, discard the solids.
- Pour into a pitcher, let cool completely and then chill until cold, about 1 hour. The syrup will keep in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- To make the lemonade:
- Add the lemon juice and the honey ginger syrup to the pitcher.
- Add 3 cups of cold water Add the vodka. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour lemonade over ice filled glasses, top with a slice of lemon, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
I found this cute mason jar pitcher at HomeGoods and couldn’t resist. It fits nicely in my fridge, perfect for entertaining!
The fact that you can make this ahead of time counteracts the patience required!
Enjoy! Have a great weekend! We will be heading home tomorrow and I am dreading the storm of activity that Kuzak’s Closet will have me involved in when I return! It’s April and that means last minute Estate Sales, I’ve gotta just smile and enjoy the ride! I’ll have to enjoy a few of these spring cocktails to get me through it!
Just in case you missed a recipe here is a recap…