Today’s cocktail is a blend of 2 of my favorite beverages, champagne and lemonade. It’s the most expensive cocktail from this week’s series to shop for but it’s totally worth it. It will wow your friends and family this Easter if you are looking for a special signature drink to serve with appetizers before your meal.
For some reason I forgot to take a picture of the ingredients all lined up. I think it was the pure excitement to pop the champagne! Jennalynn found this recipe online and thought it looked pretty. She’s not old enough to drink so she can’t tell you that it tastes are gorgeous as it looks, but I can!
- 1 oz gin
- 1 oz limoncello
- 1/2 oz fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bottle of Champagne (I used Korbel Brut)
- 2 sprigs of lavender flowers
- Strip the lavender flowers from the stem with your fingers and combine with the limoncello and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker.
- Thoroughly muddle the lavender so that the flowers release their oils into the lemon liquids.
- Add the gin and shake with ice. Strain into a champagne glass and top with champagne. Garnish with a lavender flower, if desired.
Jennalynn did the mixing and Taylor and I did the tasting! When Taylor was giving her instructions on how to “muddle” I was cracking up. We really are teaching Jennalynn life lessons at Kuzak’s Closet! It was the perfect end to a long week of organizing, can you tell!
I hope you are enjoying this cocktail series! I’m in Maui right now on a work trip with my husband and I’m getting all sorts of ideas for upcoming drinks. Here is the happy hour menu created for the Googlers that is inspiring me…
I tried the Mountain View Spritzer and it has been thinking that I should start to get more creative in the kitchen with wine! Aloha! I’ll be back tomorrow with a twist on a margarita!