If you are looking for a simple recipe to get you through another week you’ll love this simple mediterranean pizza. It’s one of the recipes I taught my assistant Jennalynn how to make on Friday afternoon during our DIY fun. I had her go create the shopping list, check off the items I already had in the pantry, and then and hit the grocery store. All important skills for a young lady to learn!
The recipe uses Naan bread for the crust cutting down the baking time significantly. I love using Naan, it crisps up and each piece creates a person pizza for one person. We make pizza for dinner typically once a week and I switch up the toppings based on what I have on hand.
This version calls for a mix of mediterranean items like feta, tomatoes, and olives. Yum!
The steps are really simple. You start by spreading the pesto onto the Naan and then layer up the toppings of your choice. Here is the recipe…
- 2 pieces Naan bread
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce (I used Giada’s from Target)
- 2 whole artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup Greek olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place Naan bread on baking sheet or pizza pan. Spread 2 tablespoons of pesto onto each each crust. Layer on tomatoes, artichoke hearts,olives and feta cheese.
- Bake prepared pizzas in preheated 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
- Finish the pizzas off with basil and parmesan cheese, enjoy!
Viola! Once you try this simple homemade pizza you’ll never order delivery again!
All of the toppings on this pizza make me happy. What about you?
Enjoy the week! My stitch fix arrives tomorrow so be on the lookout!