It’s April and that means Spring Break! This week I have 4 fabulous cocktail recipes to share with you to get you in the mood. They will all be perfect to enjoy on your vacation or staycation! Each one requires limited bar tools and simple ingredients making it easy to recreate in your own kitchen or while you are away.
The first cocktail is a refreshing sparkling cucumber lemonade. It’s fizzy and sweet, my favorite combination. It only calls for these 5 simple ingredients…
It calls for gin but I think you could swap it out for vodka if you prefer it. It also calls for club soda. We have a soda stream so I made my own bubble water. If you love bubble water as much as we do a soda stream is totally worth it! Okay, here are the rest of the directions…
- 4 ounces gin
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemons)
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- Splash of tonic water
- Pour gin, lemon juice and cucumber slices in a martini mixer with ice, shake well.
- Pour into a glass filled with ice and top with tonic water, give it a stir.
- Garnish with thin slices of lemon and cucumber.
Looks pretty good right? I’ll be back tomorrow with my second recipe, maybe after this week I’ll become a bartender!
Cheers! Let me know what your spring plans are? Are you staying home or are you going somewhere fun?