I’ve shared this recipe for stuffed shells before but I wanted to share it again because I recently made it for a small dinner party and was able to re-photograph it. It looks much more appealing than it did in my original post 3 years ago with my old camera.
Chris and I had a few friends over to watch the NCAA Basketball Championship game earlier this month and because the game was on a Monday night I decided to do a meatless Monday meal plan. I served this dish along with Eliza’s Portobello Mushroom Lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and my Nutella Bread Pudding for dessert. I was able to make all of the dishes the night before so I could simply put things into the oven when I came home from work, gotta love that!
If you wanted to add sausage or a different blend of cheese that would be yummy too! Here is the recipe…
- 20 jumbo pasta shells (about half a 12-ounce box)
- 1 24-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 2 15-ounce containers ricotta
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella (4 ounces)
- Set an oven rack to the highest position and heat oven to 400° F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and run under cold water until cool.
- Spread the marinara sauce in the bottom of a large broilerproof baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the shells and place them on top of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake until the shells are heated through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Increase heat to broil. Broil the shells until the cheese begins to brown, 1-3 minutes.